Your apartment is finally organized the way you’ve always wanted, but you feel that something is still missing to truly bring it to life and make it into a real home? You held on to your favorite objects during sorting and organizing, but now you just can’t find the right place for them? You’d like your environment to reflect more of your personality? This service is perfect for you if you are ready to give your finished space that extra oomph through clever interior styling tricks!
What does it include?
- On-location evaluation ofthe design task and discussing your questions
- Summarizing ideas and assembling a consignation table of recommended products
- Assistance in acquiring decorating elements and their on-site arrangement
Finish styling literally means the finishing touches—the very last phase of the styling process. It does not include actual design tasks, as we recommend only readily available decorating products for a finished space. These can also be complemented with DIY ideas and decorative wall painting. Please get in touch for a personalized offer.
KONMARI® PROFESSIONAL TIDYING
When you arrive home at the end of the day, does your apartment evoke a sense of calm in you or do you feel disheartened by the sight? Do you feel that your home has “shrunk” with the amount of stuff you now own? Do you have more storage equipment than furniture you can relax with? You’ve even thought about moving just to have more space for your things?
How do you know it’s time to tidy up your environment once and for all?
- Most mornings you panic because you can’t find what you need.
- In order to choose your outfit for the day you have to go through countless ensembles until you finally find the right one.
- Your shoes are lying in piles on the floor or at the bottom of your wardrobe, because you have nowhere else to put them.
- You keep folding your clothes, but your wardrobe and drawers get messy just the same.
- In the kitchen you have to move some things out of the way to access certain appliances or tools, so you hardly ever use these or end up not using them at all.
- You have no idea what lies at the depth of your pantry or cupboards, so sometimes you accidentally buy things you already have.
- Your toiletries and cosmetics occupy lots of space in your bathroom, yet you hardly ever use any of them.
- Those piles of bills, notes, children’s drawings and magazines keep growing and growing.
- You never find a sharp knife, your good pair of scissors or your pen when you need them.
- It’s easier not to use your storage closets at all: you are a bit afraid to open them, not knowing what will fall out.
- Your countertops and the surfaces of your tables, dressers and shelves are constantly buried under pieces of paper, books, clothes and other knick-knacks.
- Your home is simply not what you desire, and you’d like to have a space that is more tidy, organized and usable—and one that you’d be able to keep that way.
What will I bring to the mix?
1. Motivation & affirmation: It’s possible you’ve already read up on the topic, yet you can’t seem to get started with the actual, hands-on organizing. Or you’ve tried multiple methods with no success, which has taken out the wind of your sails…
I’ll help you get your motivation up and running! Once you start the work, you’ll get some well-earned sense of success.
2. Physical and emotional support: As we progress, the amount of things to sort through and the emotions they evoke can become a bit overwhelming.
You won’t have to weather these trying episodes on your own—I’ll be right beside you!
3. Project schedule and timeboxing: Organizing, tidying and sorting out your things can take up a lot of time, especially if you happen to get lost in the details or if your focus is diverted by other activities.
I’ll help you with scheduling and timeboxing techniques to finish decluttering your environment in the shortest timeframe possible!
4. Real-time, impartial feedback: During the organizing process you may encounter discouraging or diverting factors that make you feel insecure and create a hang-up in your workflow.
I’ll be there to provide objective feedback—and no judgements—to help you get over these hang-ups!
5. Personalized guidelines and tools: No two homes or clients are exactly alike, so there is no general solution to apply.
I’ll familiarize myself with your exact expectations and possibilities to continue to inspire you with concrete methods and ideas!
6. Resource planning, professional overview and experience: Just as a fitness instructor won’t do the push-ups for you, I can’t complete the Tidying Marathon in your stead.
I can, however, offer you valuable insight into a new approach and train your “organizing muscles” with new abilities and ideas, so you’ll be strong enough to tame your surroundings once and for all!
Are you ready to tidy up your environment… and your life?
I believe that carefully constructing the environment that surrounds us is one of the most important steps towards achieving a healthy mind and soul. I feel that the process of tiding starts with the human being at its center, as exterior and interior order are inseparably interlinked. The past few years have taught me that truly remarkable and permanent change only happens in my clients’ lives when we dare to dig deep enough to get to the bottom of their “mess”. And I don’t mean just the piles of things in their apartment… Outer and inner chaos can be eliminated only through applying a new mindset and working on personal development—both of which are organically linked to the Tidying Marathon.
I am a certified special needs therapist and teacher. After graduating, my desire to improve myself and my environment ended up saturating my entire life. To keep widening my professional horizon and my psychological knowledge, in the past 15 years I participated in countless hours of therapy and training, both individually and in groups. I’ve been exploring the fascinating worlds of psychodrama, somatodrama, family constellations and various art therapies. I acquired my second degree as interior stylist and designer at Werk Academy Budapest. I have also completed the official KonMari® (professional organizing) training course in Los Angeles, with which I became a certified professional KonMari® consultant—the only one in Hungary at the moment.
In my free time I continue to experiment with joyful self-development: playback improvisational theatre, yoga, sports and forest therapy, which are all important sources to replenish my creative energy.
Making use of my multifaceted experience, I am happy to support you as a KonMari® consultant and self-awareness coach on the road to breaking down environmental and psychological barriers to become the person you’ve always wanted to be.
The KonMari® Method is a comprehensive professional organizing technique developed by Marie Kondo. Her books (The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up; Spark Joy) and her Netflix series (Tidying Up with Marie Kondo) were a resounding success all around the globe. Her method goes beyond the possibilities of conventional, well-used techniques and offers simple and easy-to-maintain solutions for everyday use.
It’s a process during which we sort through your belongings. We are not going from room to room, but looking at various categories: clothes, books, papers, the so-called komono (everything else), and finally the items that carry emotional value for you. Instead of defining our activity through the negative message of getting rid of things, we focus on finding the objects that “spark joy” for you and bring you closer to the life you desire. You’ll learn to let go and gratefully part with objects that no longer serve you or the future you envision, placing special value on items that in turn fill you with happiness and support you on your chosen course. We will also endeavour to find the perfect place for everything in your home by introducing efficient storage solutions and customizing them to your individual needs and possibilities.
Mastering the KonMari® Method requires dedication from you. (After all, it’s called a Tidying Marathon for a reason!) But, with the support of a patient and non-judgmental consultant, it also offers you a chance to find your way to harmony and healing, and eventually start building the life you have always wanted.
Do you own any objects that make you happy just by looking at them or touching them? These could be soft, beautiful or comfortable things; a tool that makes your daily life easier or something that evokes a nice memory.
Now imagine living in a home where you are surrounded by these objects only! This is the mission of the Tidying Marathon: to find the objects that spark joy for you and can become the building blocks for the future you, taking you towards the lifestyle you desire.
Don’t worry, you definitely don’t! The KonMari® Method is only distantly related to minimalism. They share the view of parting with futile objects in order to dedicate more energy to the important things in life. Even so, we don’t limit the number of objects you keep during a Tidying Marathon. We are all different, so the things that spark joy for us can’t be the same either!
The length of your Tidying Marathon will largely depend on your goals, the amount of things you own, the size of your home, the time you’d like to dedicate to the process and your level of motivation. So, it primarily depends on… you!
One session is minimum 3-5 hours long (but it can even last for 8 hours with a few breaks and some occasional overtime), which ensures that we’ll be able to achieve significant, tangible results each time. When the situation allows (or calls) for it, I’ll also give you “homework”, which will reduce your fee: all that is left for us to do during our next session is to review and discuss your progress.
By the time you finish your Tidying Marathon you’ll know:
- what sparks joy for you
- when you need to part with something
- how to do targeted shopping
- how to keep your home clean and organized
A Tidying Marathon has been designed to conclude within six months and it requires no repetition in the future.
We will sort everything into piles to sell, donate or reuse. We’ll only throw out the things that are truly broken and beyond saving, taking care to deposit them at the right place where their disposal will be handled professionally.
In order to ensure the efficiency of the process, we recommend that everyone contribute to the Marathon. However, this is a personal journey, so if you book my services my primary focus will be on you. If your family members refuse to participate, we’ll skip their rooms/spaces. Nobody can be forced to take part in the sorting and organizing process, but experience shows that when a family member creates a comfortable and neat space for themselves, the others will be inspired to do the same. If they feel ready for a change, we’ll discuss the details during a personal consultation.
Working with the KonMari® Method is very personal. It means setting out on an inner journey to explore what creates true joy in your life. This is a path to discovery that everyone has to choose for themselves, and we can’t force it on them. Real success is only achievable when the client is ready to commit to the process, actively participate in it and continuously work on themselves and their environment. If you are sure that all this is true for the person you’d like to surprise, please get in touch with me for further details.
Our lives are in constant motion, and we can actively support transformation by keeping only the objects that bring us closer to the life we desire. Whether you are about to move into a new home or just moved into one, you are expecting a baby, starting a new job, or simply just want to change your lifestyle: organizing your home is the first step towards finding a way to better handle difficulties and open the door to your new life.
Yes, one thing: don’t give in to the urge to clean and tidy your home before I see it! I know it’s hard, since you are letting a stranger into your personal space. But to lay down the foundations for an honest connection, I’ll need to see your home in its natural state. It will allow me to see your daily routine more clearly and support you more efficiently during the entire process.
HOW TO GET STARTED?
1. RESERVE A FREE CONSULTATION WITH ME. I’ll call you at a time that is convenient for you and we will discuss the matter at hand comfortably.
2. PHONE CONSULTATION
- What does a professional organizing KonMari® consultant do?
- Why is it hard to start this process on your own? What are the difficulties you are facing?
- What kind of support can I offer you?
3. PERSONAL CONSULTATION AND PLANNING
We’ll discuss your particular needs and expectations
- We’ll time our sessions in a way that suits your current lifestyle and I’ll prepare a schedule for you
- I’ll provide you with preliminary information and support to best prepare for our joint effort
4. TIDYING MARATHON
We’ll progress at a calm but steady pace
- I’ll provide a judgement-free, accepting and supporting environment for you
- You will not feel pressured to part with items you are not ready to give up
- We’ll focus on finding what sparks joy for you—both in your home and your life
Decluttering your environment through the prism of joy will have a positive effect on other parts of your life too.
Owning fewer objects will free up room for the items that actually bring happiness into your daily routine and for your personal resources that hold immeasurable value: meaningful human relationships, quality time and professional success.
MARTINA DEÁK – KonMari® Consultant | Self-awareness Coach